incowrimo-2018 …the address book

mailbox-02reduced

The incowrimo-2018 address book has been finalized and released. And if you’re in too much of a hurry to read, you can just skip ahead and find it here  .

For everyone else, we want to thank you all for such an extra-ordinary response. It has been an exciting past couple of weeks and looks like the next month will be an exceptional event. Thanks to those who have poured over the lists and helped to catch the various errors and oversights. Given the volume of people participating this year it was invaluable.

If you’re new to this, we’d like to extend a warm welcome.

February is a special month. The seasons are starting to change and the New Year has started to make itself felt. In addition it’s the shortest month. Which is why it was chosen to get you started on a month of handwritten correspondence.

The idea is pretty simple. Once a day, for the next twenty-eight days, you just need to find a little time, get out some paper and something to write with and capture a few thoughts you’d like to share with someone else. The next step is to fold it up and mail it. Not bad for an ongoing project.

Some people write on the bus, others in cafés, parks, libraries, homes and various tables. You might have a favourite davenport, bureaux, secretaire or deske. You might want to just write on something firm while sitting at the end of your bed.

No idea is too small. And there is no better way of sharing it than in a letter.

This is a month to enjoy yourself and add a little flourish to your life.

You might want to take a look at our two previous posts on navigating the address list part 1 and part 2  if you haven’t read them already.  Otherwise, to your marks, grab your 2018 address book  and go!

1. ellerl says:

I’ve written my first 2 letters. One goes out tomorrow and the other the next day. I’m excited to participate!

2. Nicole says:

I hand-write letters on a regular basis anyway, but it’s fun to commit to sending one per day for an entire month!

3. Holly says:

Is there an active list or place I can share my info since some glitch caused my info to be lost? I appreciate all the work you all are putting in to this, I love this idea so much!

4. The Address Book page is the most active list.

We have managed to locate and fix the problem with your address, we hope this helps because we love the idea as well.

5. Holly says:

Thank you so much! I think since I wasn’t signed in to WordPress until I hit submit, then signed in, it may have lost my comment and address submission. Not sure…

6. Susan Young says:

My granddaughter and I missed signing up but we are participating anyway. We sneak InCoWriMo.com into every letter to give the curious a place to learn more. It’s really a hit among her high school friends and teachers.

7. corksea says:

Would it be possible to have my address removed from the address book please? Sorry for any trouble & thank you.
    Sarah Miller in Oregon