pen-7-quill

Welcome to the official join-in page for this years incowrimo-2018 event.  Unfortunately the sign-up process for 2018 is now closed.

This doesn’t prevent you from participating in this years event.

Simply choose your names from this years list or write to someone you already know. Keep in mind that this is a project of writing a letter and posting it to someone every day for the month of February.

If you want to find someone to write, make sure to check out the address book for the complete list of names. You can also find an ever-changing shortlist of 28 people you can write here , but you’ll miss the fun of exploring this years project.

If you need to update or make a correction to your already published 2018 address you can go to the updates and corrections page and resubmit the correct information.

We look forward to seeing you again next year for incowrimo-2019.

Note: A word about addresses and how this works

• unless otherwise requested, address will automatically be removed by March 01, 2018
  • a considerable number of participants keep their address available for the rest of the year
  • there are a couple of reasons we encourage this
  • a number of rewarding handwritten friendships have started here well after the official month was done
  • some people actually appreciate correspondence for more than 1 month out of every 12 and welcome having new people to correspond with
  • all of this year’s addresses will be removed before November 01, 2018
  • again — even though your name is in the book, we encourage you to leave a reply in our comment section at the bottom of the page is still a quick and useful way to keep in touch. It lets participants know you’re here, say hello, solve postal issues and encourage others.

1. patlandon5 says:

2. Tom says:

Getting to be that time again

3. Tom says:

Back again

4. Jessica Diaz says:

Hello everyone. I hope to find some penpals here. I really look forward in checking my box and finding all those beautiful goodies in there. I wish to connect with people through writing.

5. David Burn says:

Well I can’t afford to send gifts but letters cards & postcards should hopefully be appreciated by people.

6. Tim says:

I’m in!!

7. Jessica Carr says:

Hello, this is my year doing this, but I hope to send letters and cards and have fun.

8. Kshitij Shetty says:

Got to write to and read from some amazing people last year. Looking forward to adding more people to my correspondence list this year.

9. Allie says:

This is my first year joining and I am excited!

10. Hema Koppikar says:

Thanks for telling me about this Kshitij :)

Hello everyone… This seems rather exciting!

11. I’m looking forward to making this my second year! I’ll be sending out poetry to 28 people this year, handwritten of course! I plan on sending out some of my favorites, both modern and classic, to try to rekindle the love of poetry that got beat out of so many of us in school. (Sad, but true.) I’m in a horrible writing rut myself (both creatively and in letters) so I’m hoping this helps me get over that and perhaps I’ll receive some lovely letters in return to inspire me!

12. Veronica says:

I’m so glad I found this! I used to have pen pals when I was little and I was just thinking that people don’t do that enough!

13. Michele says:

This is my first year joining and I am excited

14. Julie Lydia Dale says:

already planning for this years event! Cant wait to send and receive some letters!

15. Kshitij Shetty says:

Good to see you join Hema :)

16. Cheri says:

Hi Lisa,
    This is my second year too. I hope you find a way out of your writing rut soon.
    I think your idea of sending poetry is great – I actually discovered my love of poems in school (guess I was lucky) and so appreciate anyone who helps share the joy!
    Happy InCoWriMo 2018.

17. Cheri says:

Happy InCoWriMo-2018 everyone 😁
    This is my second year taking part after a wonderful experience in 2017. I received many “one off” letters but also found some wonderful pen pals who have sent lovely letters throughout the year.
    I’m looking forward to sending (and receiving) many more letters this year ✉️🖋✉️🖋✉️🖋

18. So glad that it did! It just seems like the way it is frequently taught ends up making people hate it instead of love it. *sigh* Oh well, let’s keep spreading that joy!

19. Mia says:

Signed up again. I am not sure how many Game of Thrones stamps I will be able to get my hands on this January.

Liked by 2 people

20. Katie Lau says:

Hello Everyone! I had so much fun with this last year, that I’m back to give it a try again. Any excuse to write letters is a good one, right? I discovered two great new penpals here last year, and I’m excited to see who writes this year. Definitely looking forward to February! Happy writing everyone!

21. Rita Weltevreden says:

Had a lot of fun and met some very nice people last year….so I’m in! InCoWriMo everyone!

22. Steph says:

Excited to partake in InCoWriMo this year. Got some lovely letter writing sets for Christmas and will be great to use them 😊

23. This is my first year and I am planning on sending some little bits of ephemera out with each letter or card. I have been collecting things for a few weeks. I am looking forward to this entire experience!

24. Ally says:

I absolutely loved being part of #incowrimo2017 and am excited to be signing up again. I read lots of interesting letters and made some long-term pen-pals last year and hope for more of the same this year

IG @allyt_hobart

25. Renard DellaFave says:

Enjoyed all the past InCoWriMo years so of course I’m in again. Not knowing any details about participants makes this harder than 2016 & 2015, but it does make short letters useful, and do write 28 in a month, some must be brief.

26. Amy Heap says:

This is my second year, too. I still write to some of last year’s new friends, and look forward to more of the same. I have more fountain pens and ink to write with, this year!

27. Kate D says:

Joining for the first time in 2018 and looking forward to being part of this letter writing phenomenon!
    Hope to hear from some of you in February
    Kate x

28. Terry Duprie says:

Hi, friends! I am excited to write to people and send beautiful mail.
    xoxo
    Terry

29. Nikaya Smith says:

OMG…. I didn’t know the web address had changed and had been checking incowrimo.org for two months! I’m so excited to start this, this year, and hope to develop some long lasting pen pals!!!!

30. Banu H says:

My First time doing this. Quite excited.

31. Mia says:

Sometimes, having nothing but their name & address can be quite liberating. Start with a blank slate. Perhaps imagine you are already friends or at the very least, acquaintances. If you leave messages on a friend’s answering machine or voicemail, you probably would introduce yourself, even if you say, “It’s me!” I’ve done that!

Perhaps people will write a brief bio or profile in the comments here. Even 5 hobbies/interests could be enough to start a conversation.

5 hobbies/interests: letter writing, stamps, nature, photography,, family.

Liked by 3 people

32. Daniela Farsky says:

Hi Hello and Serwus !

As I am always ready for new nice and funny challenges, I decided also to join this one 🤗.
    Our life is filled with so many electronic stuff….so it’s wonderful to get back to the oldfashioned way of exchanging thoughts, and everything it got to know about each other.
    Looking forward to get this party started 🤘.
    😊😎 Dany

33. Mohammad Mazharul Islam says:

This is my first year, and I am looking forward to all the wonderful correspondence!

34. Cathie says:

Looking forward to my second year. I’m still enjoying writing to some people from last year.

35. Donna Rouse says:

Really enjoyed it last year, looking forward to it again.

36. Krista Moore says:

Hi I am so excited to have heard about this. Following Mia’s Lead: 5 interests of mine are reading, Bible study, fishkeeping, quilting, and single parenting

37. ohcolette says:

Can I leave the address of a friend? She is ill and bedbound and can’t write back, but we met as penpals when we were teens. It would mean so much for her to receive some letters. I just want people to be aware of what they’re getting into if they send her a letter.

38. Chancellor says:

This is my first year and I’m looking forward to trying out some new inks and sending some letters!

39. Ariana Starkman says:

Hi! This is my first time participating! I am an outgoing introvert and a lost college student studying Theatre and Social Change. I love cats and the color blue and getting to know people! I’m incredibly excited!

40. Olivia Arrow says:

Last year I received so many interesting letters, hopefully I can keep up with them this year! 2017 turned out to be a full year with both great experiences and really tough times, so I’m feeling hopeful for a chill 2018. See you in the mail!

41. Angela Miller says:

This will be my first year as an InCoWriMo participant. I’m looking forward to it.

42. Lyric Joy says:

Greetings,

As a new journaling enthusiast I stumbled upon this project in someone’s Instagram account. I thoroughly enjoy writing and hope to have productive writing via this program.

Still a tad unsure how to connect with the 28 people needed for the month.

Liked by 2 people

43. Whitney says:

First year participating in InCoWriMo!

44. Probably not, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t answers to a good idea. As an international-correspondence-writing-month, incowrimo-2018 is focused on writing a letter every day during the month of February. You could write to your friend every day which would be a rewarding project itself, or you could find a way to share your letters and this project with her. Acting as a scribe, reading to her… personal help in time and effort is the most valuable gift to a friend. All the best

45. ..l just three short days until this years participants and addresses are posted, stay tuned

46. Kathy says:

First timer here. Love letter writing and postcards. Can’t wait to get started.

47. Philippa Denney says:

I so enjoyed InCoWriMo in 2017—until a family health scare threw my life into chaos. The second half of February was thoroughly abysmal, and, to my regret, I just wasn’t able to adhere to my commitment. That was the last thing I had envisioned happening, but I intend to reach the finish line this time! I have a new address, new fountain pens and inks, tissue-thin air mail paper, and a renewed vigour for InCoWriMo 2018!

5 interests: Animals; People’s mental landscape; Comics; Comedy; Design; Beach. (And obviously Maths, haha!)

48. congrats, welcome and don’t worry :)

49. Lane says:

When I heard about this project from a friend, I thought “This is a truly great idea.” I’m looking forward to participating for the first time this year. I love the sensory experience of letter writing: the feel and finish of the paper, pens, inks, stamps, engraving. This is going to be great fun.

50. Birty Lightner says:

Done and thanks for organizing this.