pen-7-quill

Welcome to the official join-in page for this years incowrimo-2018 event.  Unfortunately the sign-up process for 2018 is now closed.

This doesn’t prevent you from participating in this years event.

Simply choose your names from this years list or write to someone you already know. Keep in mind that this is a project of writing a letter and posting it to someone every day for the month of February.

If you want to find someone to write, make sure to check out the address book for the complete list of names. You can also find an ever-changing shortlist of 28 people you can write here , but you’ll miss the fun of exploring this years project.

If you need to update or make a correction to your already published 2018 address you can go to the updates and corrections page and resubmit the correct information.

We look forward to seeing you again next year for incowrimo-2019.

Note: A word about addresses and how this works

• unless otherwise requested, address will automatically be removed by March 01, 2018
  • a considerable number of participants keep their address available for the rest of the year
  • there are a couple of reasons we encourage this
  • a number of rewarding handwritten friendships have started here well after the official month was done
  • some people actually appreciate correspondence for more than 1 month out of every 12 and welcome having new people to correspond with
  • all of this year’s addresses will be removed before November 01, 2018
  • again — even though your name is in the book, we encourage you to leave a reply in our comment section at the bottom of the page is still a quick and useful way to keep in touch. It lets participants know you’re here, say hello, solve postal issues and encourage others.

1. Stephanie Jones says:

This is my first time doing this, and I’m so excited!

I’m a 47-year-old wife of one (for 29 years) and mom of eight. I’m a born and raised Texan and am looking forward to getting to know others from around the world.

2. John Duffy-Burke says:

This is my second InCoWriMo and I am have been looking forward to this all year. I will reply to any letters I receive. I am 32 year old Jack of all trades with degrees in Theology and International Politics. I currently live in Saint Louis with my Wife and two dogs. I enjoy any form of problem solving (broken toasters to board games) Cooking(this might be what I think about the most), anything that gets me outside like hiking fishing riding my bike, and permaculture (no garden yet, but that will change this spring!).

3. Brad Merrill says:

I have been doing it for a few years, but this is the first year through the site. I already have a number of pen pals around the world and thought this would be a good way to augment them. (I have people who I correspond with on at least an occasional basis in England, Netherlands, Brazil, Thailand, Philippines in addition to several states in the USA) I always use fountain pens. Late 50’s male, married. (over 35 years) I respond to all letters I receive.

4. Jamie Dunlap says:

I am excited about participating in incowrimo 2018 for the first time!

5. Jessica says:

Hi all. My name is Jessica but you can call me Jessie. Ive never done this before but have always wanted a pen pal. I’ll answer everything. Just may take me a bit. I’m wanting to meet new people from around the world. Not only will this be a good way to improve my handwriting, it’ll also be a way to use my new calligraphy skills as well. Looking forward to seeing what this may bring.

Liked by 3 people

6. Hi everyone! This is going to be my first year participating, and I’m very excited!

A little about me: I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs, and still live in one of them, but I did a brief stint in Georgia. I turn 48 during the first full week of February. I’m daughter to an amazing woman, Mom to three grown boys, and Nana to four beautiful grandchildren. I own a company that does small business bookkeeping and personal/corporate income tax, and am hoping to expand and/or launch a second business sometime this year. I bullet journal. I tweet. I have a blog (that needs to get up and running again lol). I’m addicted to coffee, chocolate, and smoothies. I love technology, reading, crafting, and I play WoW (poorly lol). I’m an aspiring author. I love Tigger. There’s more, but this is long enough :)

I am really looking forward to meeting new pen pals!

7. Joy Sleep says:

This will be my first year participating and I’m excited to join in. Although I don’t currently have any pen fetishes, my handwriting is excellent (that is to say, legible) and I very much appreciate and admire calligraphy and calligraphers. Married for 20+ years and mother to several children. I enjoy encouraging others through handwritten cards and letters. I sew, knit, and crochet. I read my Bible (almost) daily and keep Torah. I try to follow a THM diet and some of our family is gluten free, so we enjoy new GF recipes. I’m hoping to show my children how fun it can be to correspond with people around the world! Will you help me in that endeavor, please? (BTW, I am not a misandrist, but am more eager to correspond with other women.)

8. Katie Foreman says:

Be patient, I’m new to this! I can’t wait to get to know you, and maybe become friends. I will continue reading the site, because I have a thousand questions. For now, I’m a 56 year old High school counselor. I have 3 grown children who are all married, and 7 grand children ranging from 8 years oldto 6 months. I have a stinky, shedding dog, and a husband who I thank God for everyday. I know how to knit, crochet, cross stitch, and tat…but lately I just love to write with fountain pens.

9. meg Nardini says:

I’ve never done this before but handwritten anything is one of my passions. I think its such a legacy to leave handwritten words. So beautiful. I cannot wait to start this this year! I am so glad I stumbled upon it!

Liked by 2 people

10. Jennifer Dunbar says:

Hello! My name is Jennifer but most of my family and friends call me Jenn. I’m super excited to be participating in my first year of #incowrimo2018! I just stumbled across this project on Pinterest looking up Bullet Journaling, a new love of mine!😀✍📖✏🖋😀

11. Ellie K. says:

Hi! I’m so excited to have heard about this, and so thrilled that I got here just in time to participate!!

12. Mia says:

So glad to see so many new faces signing up. I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the February letter writing madness for a few years now. Long may it continue :D

13. cammielynn says:

Hello, my name is Cami!
    First time officially participating in InCoWriMo, last year (2017) I wrote a letter to a friend every day in February and enjoyed it SO much, I’ve been looking forward to InCoWriMo2018!!!
    I live on the Tennessee state line, (2 foot of our house is in Alabama) on a wee farm with 14 cows, 2 pigs, a dog and a spoiled rotten kitten.
    I love to “craft”, my hobbys include painting and drawing, sewing, knitting, crochet, bobbin lace, embroidery and finding new hobby’s!
    I love gardening the month will include lots of seed starting along with letter writing!
    I also love to dance, buy LOTS of beautiful stamps, paper, fountain pens and ink. I’ve just in the past 2 years discovered the wonders of fountain pens!
    I like hearing about different country’s and everyday life there, looking forward to February to begin!

14. Ashley callahan says:

Hey I’m Ashley! I love the idea of handwritten letters and keeping up with penpals. It brings a nostalgic feeling to my day when I get to know people via letters. It’s so much more personal than a text or email. I have a 2yr old and just moved in with my best friend and it’s the first time I’ve ever had a roommate that wasn’t my husband. It’s so liberating.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Ashley

15. Toni says:

Hi everyone! My name is Toni, I am a 30yr old wife and mum to 2 beauties from the UK.
    I’ve only recently heard about this and thought I would give it a go as I love meeting new people and hearing about their life’s.

16. Bab says:

I am a pen and paper enthusiast and am looking forward to this year’s event. I am newly retired and (finally) have the time to participate. Cheers!

17. Doris I. says:

Hi Everyone! It’s Doris I. from Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada. I’m totally geared up for this!! I found the site in November 2017 and have been looking forward to the 28 day challenge ever since then! I have recently starting doing envelope art (I have been working every day in preparation for the letters I send out – a different envelope will be prepared for every letter!) I have always loved writing letters, connecting to people through correspondence, and have always been interested in handwriting and calligraphy. I’m married – no kids or pets. I like sketchbook art, vintage music (Django Reinhardt, Gershwin, Big Band), dancing (ballroom, ballet, traditional East Indian dancing), reading travel writing books and biographies. My husband and I just finished building a new house so before landscaping starts in the spring, I’m totally dedicated to this project and I’m hoping for ongoing correspondence even after the 28 days (I know there is no obligation, but there might be some other keen people like me out there :-)). I am delighted to be in the company of so many people who also appreciate a handwritten letter. I’m so glad to be part of this project – thanks to everyone who makes it happen behind the scenes. By the way, where does this site originate: UK, USA, ..?

Liked by 2 people

18. Jen Krentkowski says:

This will be my second year attempting to complete this challenge. Last year I sent out 21 one of a kind postcards with my original art on them. This year I’ll be switching it up some by sending out some junk journal inspired postcards. Junk journals have become a renewed passion in my life and this month I’ll be setting up my own etsy shop and selling my one of a kind journals in several themes. This year promises to be filled with many new challenges and surprises. I can’t wait to hear from anyone who has an interest in art, paper, pens, and all things reclaimed and reused.

19. Mary Jo says:

Hi everyone! This is my first time participating and I am excited to get started. I had pen pals as a teen and thought it would be great to do it again as an adult. What a lovely idea this is! I love bullet journaling, reading, writing and hope to meet some interesting people.

20. Chil Liu says:

Hello!

This is my first time participating in InCoWriMo. I’m pretty excited to be apart of this community.

Hope to hear from you!

21. Tasha Jackson says:

I am so excited! I just recently found out about this “challenge” and I am very excited to participate! I look forward to writing to one of you every day this month!

22. Stefanie Modi says:

Hello there,
    just I noticed that my surname wasn’t included in my last post. I can’t await to start tomorrow.
    I joined first time and pass greetings from Germany. I am 38, married and working as a geriatric nurse. I love handwriting, creative things and gardening as well as cooking and baking. Enjoy!

23. Lisa Fries says:

Hi everyone! I’m Lisa, an American living and working in Switzerland. I’ve been here over 6 years now, and love exploring this country (and its neighbors :-)). I enjoy travel, baking, skiing, and attending local festivals/traditions (have one lined up for Feb!). I’m a beginning beekeeper, and fascinated by these little creatures. Of course, I love sending and receiving mail (although I apologize in advance for my handwriting – I’m working on it!), so I hope to hear from some of you soon!

24. Toni Wells says:

Just found out about this. I’m passionate about writing letters and not letting the art of the handwritten note or card be lost. A letter a day it is, all through February!

25. Diksha Choudhary says:

Hi Everyone,

This is my first year on this site and I am really excited. I am just so glad to realise that the art of writing is still thriving. There are people like us who want to connect with someone from across the globe. It is such a brilliant platform to know about others and find a new friend. I hope to get commented with you soon enough. :)

26. Cynthia says:

The address book page links are not working.

27. Mark Porter says:

Hi, this is my first InCoWriMo, I’m very much looking forward to receive some letters. I’m interested in fountain pens, all things stationery related, swapping ink samples, reading, music and journaling

28. Jordan says:

HI!
    I participated in half of this last year, and I am so excited to start from the beginning this time around.
    I’m 16, and I live in the US. I love to read and write, I volunteer at a library and I LOVE inks and fountain pens.
    I hope to meet some long term pen pals.
    Hope everyone had a great InCoWriMo.

29. thanks for the heads up, it should be working now

30. Kellen Barnett says:

Hi everyone! My name is Kellen, I am 22 and I love in Michigan in the US. I am currently a college student with a love for reading, fountain pens, the outdoors and architecture. I love writing people notes and letters, and there’s no better way to do this than incowrimo! This will be my first time being a part of this “challenge” and I can’t wait! Hopefully I’ll be able to meet people from all over the world.

31. Sonya Renee says:

Hi,
    I’m participating for the first time as well and I’m super excited to be doing so!
    I’m a married, 41 year old mother of 3 school age kids living in the Piedmont region of North Carolina. My interests are all things pen and paper and most things crafty. I’m looking forward to corresponding with you!

Sonya Renee

32. Nicole McBride says:

I just ran across this today & I’m so excited to participate. I am a mom of 4, full time software tester, loves to cook & getting my footing in bullet journaling. My only daughter (who turns 7 tomorrow) keeps me busy with her dance classes & I’m her Daisy girl scout troop leader.

33. Kristal Jones says:

Kristal Jones here… mom-trepenuer, 2 children, married, and living in our #houseinthewoods. Kinda about this whole thing because I’m also busy af. But is love to write peeps!

34. Al Lindholm says:

Like a lot of folks this is my first time doing this and I’m looking forward to corresponding with people from around the world. I’m 60 and work in an art gallery. One of my main interests is film photography and vintage cameras, fountain pens are another favorite of mine. This is a wonderful chance to give the pens some much needed exercise! I have many other interests though and I’d love to read about anything one might want to share.

35. Sheila Bartlett says:

I’m joining for the first time this year. Looking forward to getting to know some of you! I feel honoured to have been allowed to join this list.
    Anyone that writes to me I will return a letter, it might take me a little bit of time, but I will reply. First letter mailed this afternoon.

36. Jerry Wulf says:

I skipped InCoWriMo last year, but definitely trying again this year and hoping I’ll find some new connections.
    I’m a nurse and work at an elementary school. I spend a lot of time on bicycles and generally enjoy anything that lets me fiddle with something in my hands (whether is something productive or not).

37. mimitabby says:

hi I did this two years ago and missed last year. I can’t find any addresses in the address book, but i’m still trying to find addresses.

38. Hi there mimi, thanks for the heads-up, the link should be fixed. You can always go to the main page, scroll down to ‘all you need to know’ and click on the middle image – top row to the address book.

39. mimitabby says:

i found the addresses, wrote a letter for yesterday, today and tomorrow. Wish I could remember to sign up early.

40. patlandon5 says:

Write me and I’ll remind you every year!

41. This is my second InCoWriMo and although for personal reasons I am not posting my address here, I will be selecting a few people at random to write to 😂

42. Amanda says:

Sorry to have missed the deadline, but will correspond to those who are all year round pen pals :)

43. Linda Schuler says:

From someone who needs answers about joining: I just found out about this project but I cannot figure out how to join for 2019. I keep searching for whatever it is that you all have been able to find (sign-up sheet and/or emailing list for signing up). This seems to be simply a closed group with no instructions… secret instructions? hahah. Please point me in the correct direction; meanwhile i will continue to search for info here and elsewhere.

44. Amanda says:

Amanda (of Feminist Philosophers) – I began following your blog some time ago and can’t remember how or why. Would love to be added to your pen pal list this month. I am listed in the address book as just “Amanda” (the only one with no last name).

45. Hello! This is Colette Spranger. I’m from Madison, Wisconsin. In addition to sending letters, I like to garden, cook+bake, bike/run/cross country ski, and do Pilates. If you looked at my daily activities, you might assume I like to clean, but that’s only because I have two cats, a 1.5 year old, and my husband and I are both home during the day. We use our space, so it gets messy, but our home is a happy one at heart. By trade I’m an urban planner. Before you get excited about that, know that it’s mostly spreadsheets and wordsmithing. (I still like my work.) I am fascinated by religions. Personally I’m a freelance monotheist who has a spotty mindfulness meditation practice. I have a pen collection that I’m trying to keep from taking over my shelves. I admire poetry. I keep getting this urge to write stories. I haven’t thought of an original plot yet, but I do have two stories in my head that have been kicking around there for years. Mostly the stories I tell are in the letters I write.

46. Mark Porter says:

Hi All, Sorry to be a total let down, I signed up with good intentions of actively participating and writing letters for InCoWriMo, but recent health complications have left me with a partially funtioning writing arm. If you write to me, I’m unfortuntely not in a position to reply to you for quite sometime. I deeply appolgise for letting anyone down. Regards Mark

47. We’re sorry to hear this, if you find a willing scribe, we would be more than happy to keep you on the list. There is some very good text to speech software out there and a text-generated or printed reply wouldn’t be frowned upon. All the best on your recovery.

48. radellaf says:

“unfortuntely not in a position to reply to you for quite sometime”
    Considering I’m starting this year taking care of some neglected 2016 InCoWriMos (4 of whom are on the list this year), I’m fine with a delay ;)

49. Nancy says:

Hello Linda! As they just finalized (and alphabetized) the list for 2018 I’m sure it will be awhile before they start setting up the form for next year. There were a number of posts on the website as to how the whole process works. I believe things get started about December and January for the next year but do look at the information posts. Good luck!

50. thanks, you’re quite right, mid December is usually when we start signing up for 2019,